Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Musical Prostitutes

Well hello there, my awesome music heads!


In today's musical post I want to share with you (my dear musicophilics) my thoughts on let's say, a touchy subject...the "musical prostitution" of our time and implicitly it's "musical prostitutes".

Why did I choose this topic, you might ask yourselves?! Well, let me elaborate...one day I was listening to "Wait (The Whisper Song)" by the Ying Yang Twins and while I was listening to the lyrics, it just dawned one me and I said to myself; - "My God...just fascinating how today's (so called) artists transformed themselves into musical prostitutes (or in the Ying Yang Twins case, musical man-whores)!" Just listening to the song made me feel "dirty" (in a nasty way) inside and out. I don't want to be misunderstood or considered a prude and don't get me wrong, I do love a great song that boosts your sexual ego! The kind of music that is: sensual, seductive, lascivious and is expressed throughout; enticing musical harmonies and stirring lyrics. I'm talking about songs that bring out in you the; Glamazon and make you feel like a Love Goddess, or as the words go "lady on the streets but a freak in the sheets". But make no mistake, there's a thin line between sensual music and slutty music. And in today's music industry where everything abides by the motto "sex seals" things are getting quiet erotically vulgar and cheep, without any sexual finesse. And this argumentation leads me to quote the famous artist Freddie Mercury who said in an interview; - "I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear" (below you can watch the video with Freddie Mercury giving a interview and stating that he is a "musical prostitute", from exactly 2:51-3:05 'til min).
"- Oh, Freddie! I would call you a mistress of music but never a musical prostitute" ;) .

Yes! You "read me right". I feel that he was a true lover of music. If you interpret the word prostitute used by Freddie Mercury as a noun it means; - a person who sells own abilities, talent, or name for inferior purpose. But that's just the paradox in Freddie Mercuries case. He didn't sell his abilities to the music industry but rather but his; talent, voice, writing and musical skills in the soul aim of creating extraordinary music, thus generating a higher musical purpose. In the case of nowadays artists if you use the term prostitute as a verb, the meaning would be; - to put one's talent to an unworthy use. And these contemporary performers are unworthy of being called real artists. Yes, they are the legitimate "Musical Prostitutes". I am talking about so called "musicians" that are in the music scene for all the wrong reasons; money, fame, power, sex, etc. "Artists" that try to manipulate us into buying their; albums, music tracks, etc, buy bombarding us with multimedia full of exaggerated sexuality. I feel that Music as an Art Form, reflects our contemporary society in its emotional and psychical core. But seeing a bunch of musicians on stage and in music videos acting like a bunch of "apes in heat" (no offence to the apes =)) ) doesn't represent me and you at all. Wanting to convince us of being a bunch of "apes like them in heat", through an aggressive erotic marketing strategy is another thing.

The best example for my argument is: Major Lazer - Bubble Butt (feat. Bruno Mars, 2 Chainz, Tyga & Mystic) video, that you can click and watch below.
So to conclude today's musical post I would like to end with these words, let's all...
And let's get some real "SATISFACTION" and eargasms from Artists and their music that represent, the state of the art in sexy music finesse league ;) .

If you found this post entertaining then please leave a comment in the "comment box" below and also, I would like to know your thoughts on this blog theme. You can tell me witch one of today's singers in your opinion is a "musical prostitute", or even send me a video with the targeted singer as a comment! :))
                                                                                  XOXO '0philia ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment